Monday, October 23, 2006

Decided I Need Separate Blogs

I thought it would be more organized... I intend this blog to be more of my written musings about just random geeky stuff, such as Gaming, the Anthropology of Geeks, subcultures, etc. I've always felt bothered with bloggers that seem to rant on with their lives. I've always wanted to do something more than that, you know. Right something that people would enjoy reading. I was typically elated when I learned that people actually liked my last 3 articles - and I got around to actually making one about Star Trek. However, life got to me first - and it seemed like I had more to post about my life and random stuff that caught my eye then what I intentionally used my blog for. Then came Henry and Hamdan Go to In-N-Out, my own personal project. That's when I realized that if people wanted to read something intellectual, they do not want to read about the writer's personal life or what he's find - they want some real reading material. The kind of stuff you read off of Wired.

Pretty much, the other blog - the one that I intentionally used - will be more for my own personal use. More for my own selfish needs to rant to the world about things that pertain to myself. This blog, however, will be mainly used for some freestyle articles I feel like posting. I'll post my old one's onto here, however I know I won't have as much time as I did over the summer to actually ponder and take my time to think and analyze subcultures. However, I promise you this - even though I will not update as much as I'd like, I will offer 100% thought-provoking materials that will offer great information, show some research done for it (Thank you Wikipedia and Wired) and not to mention stuff that should appeal to anybody with an inquiring mind.

So, consider this an update. I will use the background for my personal blog for this one because I find it more befitting - however, the bloody HTML is impossible for me to work with so I'll have to struggle with that... But I do plan on giving the personal one a bit of a facelift and something more... ineffable mise en scne.

Read. Feel Smart.
- Henry "Pootie Chang" Pham

P.S. I will be reposting my old articles to garner more appeal to this blog - just to add some meat to some possible new readers. Hey, I may get a small audience - but so long as I reach any audience who appreciates my work, I feel I've done a good job.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very interesting I especially liked the first paragraph.